Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
#14973795 Jul 14, 2022 at 02:14 PM · Edited 21 days ago
Rank 1 GM
200 Posts


MMORPG Mandalorian MMO:

News:
Rumors offer a Star Wars Mandalorian MMO video game is in development from the studio behind the popular Elder Scrolls game. The rumors come from what sounds to be legit sources as one source backs up the other in regards to the following video game rumors which also include Elder Scrolls VI, Quake, and Fallout.

Regarding the Star Wars Mandalorian MMO (massively multiplayer online game) video game rumor, it's claimed the game is in development at ZeniMax Online Studios, which developed Elder Scrolls.

Link: https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-mandalorian-mmo-video-game-rumors


According to Skullzi and Nick Baker, a Star Wars: The Mandalorian MMO will be coming. Nick Baker actually reported on this last year, that apparently Zenimax Online was the studio working on this game, only that back then, it was simply a Mandalorian game. Skullzi was the one that added the MMO part, saying that he heard behind the scenes talk of the same thing, meaning that a Star Wars: The Mandalorian game is in the works.

Zenimax Online was the studio that did The Elder Scrolls Online, so the new Star Wars game being an MMO would not surprise anyone. While Baker is a known insider, Skullzi specifically said that he wasn't and that he was simply relaying what he heard. Therefor, you need to take everything not just with a grain, but with a bag of salt until Zenimax – if they even really are working on it – are coming out with info themselves. Remember that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic will be a PS5 exclusive and that game is going to be huge. Xbox countering that game with a Mandalorian MMO, especially after the great success that the show had on Disney+ would definitely make sense.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/uda0xk/rumor_mandalorian_mmo_reportedly_in_the_works/


Star Wars is undeniably one of the most expansive and beloved franchises in history, with so many different types of media spawned from the property that it's hard to keep track of them all. Star Wars video games have become almost as well-known as their big-screen inspirations, with titles spanning multiple genres, settings, and storylines. Newer releases like the action-adventure Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order have garnered praise for their combat and narrative approaches, but Star Wars also has a thriving online multiplayer community with titles like Star Wars: The Old Republic and the Battlefront series. There are no shortages of Star Wars games, both already released and currently in development, but that doesn't stop fans from speculating about new ones. More on below link...

Link: https://gamerant.com/mandalorian-mmo-potential-good-no-jedi-issue/


Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYu9LyjI6MI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GXGKhjhZ2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si92Q6aj90U
+0
#14973812 Jul 14, 2022 at 03:30 PM
Rank 5
3 Posts
Two things.

A) I'll be with you if it drops and you need me Arundo



B) Lets hope its not a dumpsterfire like ESO is as of now...
+0
#14973942 Jul 14, 2022 at 11:09 PM
Rank 1 GM
200 Posts
#14973812 Shey'ani wrote:

Two things.

A) I'll be with you if it drops and you need me Arundo



B) Lets hope its not a dumpsterfire like ESO is as of now...



Yeah I will be here in SWTOR until the turn of the servers, but its nice to see if these gets real. I'm also not too enthusiastic about it being Zenimax making the game as I also played ESO for a long time until greed took the upperhand there. But lets see what this will bring, it will probably take 5 years for this to be ready if they are working on it and its a big if as there is no more news then what I found. Plus as every MMORPG they ripe over time, this will also have probably lots of launch issues and overhyping going on.
+0
#14974235 Jul 16, 2022 at 09:25 AM
Rank 5
6 Posts
Rumors only dont believe any company wants to make MMO's.
+0
#14974261 Jul 16, 2022 at 12:37 PM
Rank 5
66 Posts
There is no room for two Star Wars MMO's, there are so many MMO's why make another one. Only if SWTOR will close down or the Mando MMO will take over from SWTOR I see it can succeed. Mando is now still hot due to the serie but what in 5 years when normally MMO's release after first rumors?
+0
#14974665 Jul 18, 2022 at 09:28 AM
Rank 1 GM
200 Posts
#14974261 Dusk wrote:

There is no room for two Star Wars MMO's, there are so many MMO's why make another one. Only if SWTOR will close down or the Mando MMO will take over from SWTOR I see it can succeed. Mando is now still hot due to the serie but what in 5 years when normally MMO's release after first rumors?



It will probably end up being yet another ARPG or Survival game, other to be MMO games also went that way because its the flavor of the month (shit flavor in my opinion but ok). Same happened with the Magic the Gathering MMORPG, was looking forward to play that but then they turned it into another shit ARPG.
+1
#14974858 Jul 18, 2022 at 10:54 PM
Rank 5
6 Posts
#14974665 Arundo wrote:

#14974261 Dusk wrote:

There is no room for two Star Wars MMO's, there are so many MMO's why make another one. Only if SWTOR will close down or the Mando MMO will take over from SWTOR I see it can succeed. Mando is now still hot due to the serie but what in 5 years when normally MMO's release after first rumors?



It will probably end up being yet another ARPG or Survival game, other to be MMO games also went that way because its the flavor of the month (shit flavor in my opinion but ok). Same happened with the Magic the Gathering MMORPG, was looking forward to play that but then they turned it into another shit ARPG.


Or indeed this, good MMO's are hard to make so devs/companies dont burn their hands on it.
+0
#14977628 Jul 28, 2022 at 02:02 PM
Rank 5
5 Posts
Well ESO is one of the last MMO's which survived its launch, so that should count for something if Zenimax is making the Mando MMO. But also every MMO which has been released over the last years has been utter crap. So I would not get my hopes up on this project, seeing KOTOR remake being put on hold also does not give me a good feeling for Star Wars games at the moment. Lets hope SWTOR continues and gets better now that KOTOR is having issues I guess.
+0
#14977864 Jul 29, 2022 at 08:53 AM
Rank 4
61 Posts
#14977628 Zalganyn wrote:

Well ESO is one of the last MMO's which survived its launch, so that should count for something if Zenimax is making the Mando MMO. But also every MMO which has been released over the last years has been utter crap. So I would not get my hopes up on this project, seeing KOTOR remake being put on hold also does not give me a good feeling for Star Wars games at the moment. Lets hope SWTOR continues and gets better now that KOTOR is having issues I guess.



Agree 100%, I'm not getting my hopes up on this one until someone from Zenimax says it will be a MMO and it is in development.
+0
#14978152 Jul 30, 2022 at 02:27 PM
Rank 5
11 Posts
ESO with Mando skin no thanks, I would rather see they invest in SWTOR and add more Mando stuff.
+0
#14978538 Jul 31, 2022 at 11:07 AM
Rank 5
8 Posts
Hyped (if true)
+0
#14979305 Aug 03, 2022 at 11:28 AM
Rank 5
19 Posts
#14978538 Necropathy wrote:

Hyped (if true)



If true but I highly doubt its true
+0
#14979628 Aug 04, 2022 at 05:03 PM
Rank 4
61 Posts
#14979305 Zamaleus wrote:

#14978538 Necropathy wrote:

Hyped (if true)



If true but I highly doubt its true


Nothing has been released about the game since that tiny bit of information.
+0
Page 1